Monday, October 13, 2008

Run, Forrest, Run!

Hello friends. I have arrived safely to Shanghai, China after three days in Hong Kong of visiting high schools and attending the IIE fair. Our bus delivered us safely to the hotel around 9pm last night and our "tour guide", Lisa (who mentioned that we can call her Mona Lisa if we like), gave us a brief introduction on the city during our 60 minute ride from the airport. One of my favorite comments she made was that the Asian people call visitors from the United States "Fish eyes, long nose." The people from Asia find our features beautiful so she wanted us to know that we should not be offended if we notice them staring at us.

Our tour is moving at a whirlwind pace, literally. After our 9pm arrival and it nearing 10pm before our luggage and boxes with our admissions materials was delivered to our rooms, it was nearly 10pm. I feel FAST asleep which was essential as I needed to be up at 5:45am to get ready and have breakfast before our 6:45am departure from the hotel. Today we did two college fairs and in another two hours, I will be attending the IIE Shanghai fair from 6-9pm. I am looking forward to representing Augsburg and sharing our campus with the people of China...if I can only keep myself awake. :)

Tomorrow the bus departs at 6:30am and we will be visiting Concordia high school from 8am-10:30. From there we will travel to Shanghai American School Pudong to meet with their students. At 4:20pm our group departs and we will fly to Beijing.

I am exhausted..literally, yet I couldnt' love more what I am doing.

No comments: